Sunday, December 17, 2006

Audio Book - Day 2

I was listening to the Tafseer Juz Amma set by Ustaad Muhammad Alshareef on my way back home and the surah that I was listening to was Surah al-Ghasiyah.

Like most of the Surahs, this too has a pair in Surah Ala. And insha Allaah this would be the next surah I would listen to.
One of the best ways of learning the meanings is to teach it to someone and I am grateful to my wife when she insist on my taking the tafseer class at home, despite my laziness!

Also a small and quick comment on this tafseer set titled TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL. Every great composer has one outstanding piece of work by which he and his other works are recognized. Leonado Da Vinci has Mona Lisa and Stephen Speilberg has Jurassic Park. Although these examples are inconsistent to my message but might drive the point home.

To be, this tafseer set Touched by an Angel does the same to Ustaad Muhammad. When I fist listened to this set, my heart jumped with excitement. This was the spark I needed to begin my journey to memorize this Juz and alhamdulillah I have 3 more surahs left.

I do not want this to be a complete tafseer (for that you can look at the Emanrush audio site), my point was a harmless and profound verse:

Then do they not see the camels, How they have been made?

A very common animal in the Arabian society. Imagine a rider sitting on his camel travelling across the desert and then the following verses talk about sky, mountains and earth. He is surrounded by all of it alone in the vastness of the desert. How then will he not profess Islam!

From this issue of Burooj Stars newsletter (visit www.buroojstars.com)
Abdullah’s insights

Did you know there are two kinds of camels? One is the Arabian that lives in Western Asia and Northern Africa. It has one hump. And the second kind is called Bactrian which has two humps and lives in Mongolia and Chinese Turkistan.

No comments: